The maternity session is best done around 32-35 weeks and will last around 1 hour. Your partner and any older siblings are very welcome to join in!
Tips for your maternity session
- Wear something tight fitting to show off your bump
- Avoid strong patterns or logos
- For bare bump shots avoid anything elasticated for a few hours before the shoot
- Plain white bed linen works best for bedroom shots
- A de-cluttered background always helps!
It may feel like the last thing on your mind to get photos taken when you are feeling larger than normal and somewhat uncomfortable, but this precious time passes so quickly it’s lovely to capture it, and children are always fascinated to see “their” baby bump! My focus is to ensure you are comfortable, make you feel beautiful and capture your pregnancy “glow” in classic, flattering portraits.
I work on location either outdoors, or using the available natural light in your home. If the nursery is ready it’s always fun to take some in there with any toys, baby bootees etc ready for baby’s arrival.
Pricing for a Maternity session can be found here, either as a standalone portrait session, or combined as a bump to baby/ my first year collection.